Best Library Management Software
We provide the best Library Management software (LMS) with all solutions. It is built to handle all the requirements of a library. LMS is made for systematic handling of items held in a library. Library Automation software is suitable for all libraries from small to big libraries .i.e. schools, colleges, universities, medical libraries and others.
Before choosing any library software one needs to know the requirement of that software. Only then one can differentiate which software provides the best features of digital library software.
“The library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than all the wars in history.”
Library Management Software Features
Library Software is a software used to manage the whole database of a library. This system helps in keeping record of all the items like books, DVDs, CDs, and Magazines etc. in a library. It is used in schools, institutions, colleges, universities and at many more places which provide full support to the librarian and helps in easy management of library.
Our library automation software is available in two technologies: Barcode System and RFID System.
Barcodes are used in libraries to label books, magazines, CD & DVDs. Each and every book and other items are assigned unique 12- digit barcodes. It contains all information about the product. In Library Management system, whenever a student return or issue a book the system fetch the bar code number and we can make entry of book in computer systematically. Library Management system helps in systematic management of books.
Benefits of using bar code system are:
- Improved inventory management
- Faster check-in and check-out facility
- Easy to sort books
- Reduced staff workload
- Increase accuracy and efficiency
- Improve circulation capabilities
Radio frequency identification (RFID) use electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and track tags attached to books. There are several ways of identifying tags but the most common is to store a serial number. The chip and antenna attached together are called an RFID tag. The RFID reader or scanner converts the RFID tag information into digital information which will further seen in computer and stored for future use.
What one should look before buying library software?
Before buying any library management software one should look into the following requirements.
- Should provide the facility to search any book by the name, title, author and publication.
- Each book should contain a unique identification number.
- System should able to retrieve all information about the book like when and to whom it was issued.
- There must be a limit of issue of book to every student.
- Provide provision of collecting fines for books from students who submit after due date.
- Whether the system contain bar coding system or RFID system.
- If the system contains bar coding system, then it can read bar codes from the books or cards issued to the students.
- If RFID system is used then it should contain all tools used in it like tags, RFID reader and RFID gate.