RFID based Library Management System
The library RFID library management system stands for radio frequency identification. It is advance rfid based library management system. It uses radio waves to identify the items present in the library.
The common features of RFID based library management system are:
- Reliability of the System
- Increase Efficiency
- Improve Circulation
- Reduce the Cost
RFID based library management system is based on the following components that are:
- RFID Tags: This is the main component of the RFID system. Tag contains a unique identification number that we paste on the backside of every issuable item of the library.
- RFID Reader: It reads the tag unique identification number with the help of radio waves.
- Antenna: The antenna produces radio signals to activate the tag and read and write data into it. Antennas are the channels between the tag and the reader, which controls the system’s data acquisitions and communication.
- RFID Label Printer: The RFID printer is used to print the labels with barcode, library logo, etc. When the print is applied, it simultaneously programs the data into the chip.
- Handheld Reader: The portable handheld reader is very useful in finding the items from the shelves without touching them. The data goes to a storage unit, which can be downloaded at a server later on, or it can go to a unit, which will transmit it to the server using wireless technology.
- RFID Gates: They act as anti-theft equipment against library items. It guards against the theft and secures the library items. It works on electromagnetic waves to capture and read transmitted data; the information is electronically stored on a tag that is attached to an object or to the carrier.
School Library Software with RFID Technology
RFID Gates are popular for quite some time they are installed in malls, parking places, schools, colleges, universities, and at many more places. Nowadays, it is used in schools for taking attendance of students, in malls as security gate, in colleges and universities in libraries, it works as an access control system which allows authorized people to enter a particular area.
It depends upon the range of the RFID at what distance it can read the RFID tags and solve our purpose of installing it. The RFID system is mainly based on these three components; a scanning antenna, a transceiver, and a transponder.
The RFID tags are also further classified depending upon the range of them:
- Very Low Frequency
- Low Frequency
- Medium Frequency
- High Frequency
- Very High Frequency
- Ultra High Frequency
- Super High Frequency
- Extremely High Frequency
It is important to note that one should choose the RFID system depending upon the range of frequency required. The benefits of RFID based library system are:
- It improves productivity
- It improves customer service
- Easy book identification
- Faster inventory process
- Better accuracy in book collection
- Enhance the book return process
RFID based library system is an emerging technology that is effective, convenient to use and cost-effective in library security.
Also Read Know: